[ Ree-Kem-Istree ]
Benefits at a glance
GFbio manufactures five products at commercial scale
- The primary use of the ReSolv range of levulinates is to serve as bio-based alternatives to traditional petrochemical solvents. They have a high performance, often outperforming petrochemical incumbents, while meeting the challenge of sustainability.
- Furthermore, ReSolv products are miscible with many other types of solvent and can easily be used in combination as co-solvents, offering greater flexibility in formulation to achieve the desired characteristics.
- The primary feedstock for ReSolv is agricultural waste which otherwise would be incinerated. There is therefore no potential conflict with food supply. It also means that all products have a high level of bio-based content, with GFbio ReSolv 100 and GFbio ReSolv 400 being 100% bio-based
- As a result, ReSolv’s net emissions are much lower than those of petrochemicals, reducing the carbon footprint of the manufacturing and production of our everyday products.
- ReSolv is also safer than most other solvents. It comes from bio-sources, not fossil fuels. They are non-flammable, non-aqua toxic and have no vapour toxicity or exposure hazard. In addition, they are non-hazardous for transport and storage which means a reduction in logistics costs.
Our products are safe ! From the manufacturing staff to the end user of the finished product, solutions exists to ever-tightening labelling regulations.
A green solution for everyday life
HI & I
GFbio in the News
Ex-Arsenal Star Flamini takes CEO role at own chemical startup
How Mathieu Flamini went from Arsenal footballer to… biotech CEO
L’ex footballeur Mathieu Flamini lève des fonds pour accélérer dans la chimie verte.